Patient-Centered • Science-Based • Results Driven
how we're different
Many people are surprised to find that there are actually different types of chiropractors. Our office focuses on an area of chiropractic called Structural Correction. Click to learn more about our unique approach.
Whether patients come to us with a specific complaint or simply to improve their overall health and performance, we approach patient care from a holistic approach, and don't simply manage symptoms.
Many conditions we see in adult spines began as undiagnosed structural abnormalities when they were younger. It's for this reason we encourage families to get their spines checked.
Neurostructural Correction vs. Traditional Chiropractic
Traditional Chiropractic care has the following goals:
- Decrease muscle spasm
- Increase range of motion
- Reduce pain.
Most chiropractors have been doing this for a long time, and I believe most of them are great at what they do. However, we believe the more traditional methods fall under the umbrella of symptom management.
Neurostructural Chiropractors look at the spine from an engineering standpoint. After working with patients, not only do we want them to feel better and experience and increased quality of life, but we want them to actually be able to see the changes we've made.
We measure everything objectively, not relying on touch and feel, to locate and correct structural abnormalities in the spine. This means we perform a comprehensive evaluation of the spine using state-of-the-art diagnostics. By using these objective measures, we can locate the primary cause of a patient's symptoms and deliver lasting corrections.
Breaking the Cycle
We understand our services may not be right for everyone, however, for those tired of searching for relief and finding only short term solutions, NeuroStructural Chiropractic might be right for you. After correcting any structural abnormalities we find, we will provide you with the support to properly maintain your correction so the problem doesn't return.
WHAT IS A neuroSTRUCTURAL SHIFT?
If your car was out of alignment you may expect to see abnormal wear and tear on the tires and problems steering. You could simply change the tires each time they continue to wear out at an accelerated rate, or you could find someone who specializes in correcting the alignment.
In a similar way, if there is a Structural Shift in the spine, it can lead to a variety of secondary conditions, or symptoms throughout the body. If the head and neck shift out of position, it can force the rest of the spine out of alignment. When the spine shifts, it can cause mechanical irritation of the spinal cord and nerves as they exit the spine. This can not only cause shooting pain, numbness, tingling and muscle weakness - it can also lead to a myriad of secondary conditions like migraines and fatigue.
Rather than focusing on symptom management, chiropractors who focus on Structural Correction aim to identify structural abnormalities and create a plan of care specific to the patient to restore the structural integrity of the spine.
WHAT ARE SECONDARY CONDITIONS?
When the structure of the spine has shifted, it can lead to a variety of secondary conditions. The reason we refer to these as secondary conditions is because they tend to be the result of a primary Structural Shift. Focusing only on the elimination of secondary conditions and not addressing the underlying structure is like taking a lawnmower to a yard full of dandelions and expecting them not to come back. Unless you address the problem at the root level, the dandelions will come right back. Our focus is on correcting the underlying problem as opposed to temporarily making the secondary conditions disappear.
- Neck Pain
- Low back pain
- Arm pain (Upper and Lower)
- Leg pain
- Pinched Nerves
- Bone Spurs
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Decreased Range of motion
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Disc Herniations
- Dizziness (Cervicogenic Vertigo)
- Dowager's Hump ("Granny Hump")
- Muscle Spasm
- Muscle Imbalance
- Shoulder Pain
Rather than having an assistant or intern conduct a brief evaluation of the spine, at Revolution Chiropractic your complete structural examination will be performed by the doctor. We believe that it's important that the doctor is present every step of the process to not only better understand the underlying cause of your condition, but to answer any questions so you understand as well. The exam usually takes about 45 minutes and consists of:
- Digital Structural X-rays
- If we suspect there is a Structural Shift in the spine, we will take specific digital x-rays. We use a state-of-the-art x-ray unit which significantly reduces radiation exposure to our patients. We have our x-ray unit calibrated on a regular basis to ensure findings are accurate, and what appears on the x-ray is representative of the true alignment of the spine. The images will be available within a matter of seconds for the doctor to review with you.
- Multi-Axial Structural Analysis (MASA)
- Our Multi-Axial Structural Analysis will measure how weight is being distributed throughout the body and also measure outward structural abnormalities. This interactive assessment also allows the patient to experience what a normal structural alignment feels like.
- Digital Photographic Analysis
- We not only want our patients to feel better after working with us, we want them to see the difference as well. We perform a Digital Photographic analysis during the initial examination and also at your progress examination so you can see the changes we've made.
- Neuro-muscular Evaluation
- To really understand exactly what's going on, we will perform any necessary orthopedic and neurological exams. This can include non-invasive muscle testing, reflex testing, and balance assessments.
The doctor will take the results of the examination and create a customized corrective plan of care. We do not use a cookie-cutter approach or tell our patients they need to come for the rest of their lives.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
Our goal at Revolution Chiropractic is to make sure that our patients are equipped with as much information as possible before they make decisions regarding their health. There are a number or ways to manage symptoms and we will make sure to discuss those options during your consultation. We understand that our services aren't for everyone, and if we don't seem like a good fit for your needs, we will help you find a local option.
We work closely with local doctors, massage therapists, physical therapists and nurse practitioners to make sure patients are receiving the best care possible. We might even find that you would be better served through traditional chiropractic care. Whichever the case may be, we're committed to your health.
9700 Medlock Bridge Road Ste 132
Johns Creek, GA, 30097
At Revolution Chiropractic, a consultation is a conversation, not a commitment. The process starts by scheduling a sit down with the doctor to determine if we're a good fit for your needs and answer any questions you may have.